During your childhood, you might have wondered what is Chyawanprash and why do our parents insist that we eat it? There was one simple reason! That Ayurvedic chyawanprash taste great whilst protecting our body in numerable ways. A combination of 40+ pure indigenous ingredients that provide us with a broad spectrum of benefits but largely considered an immunity booster that works like magic. Believe it or not but this is indeed of our daily essentials according to the Vedas!
Origin of Ayurvedic Chyawanprash
It is said that two rishis made this for an elder rishi whose name was Chyawan. Whereas the word ‘Prash’ denotes an item that has been carefully selected in order to provide a specific utility. As a result, the name was chosen Chayawanprash was chosen and honored by Maharishi Charaka in his book. Since then, it has been inseparable from Indian households and there have been numerous varieties that have been prepared across different regions of India. It is also called the ‘Trinity of Anti’ due to its anti-viral, anti-fungal, and anti-bacterial properties.
Creation of the first Chyawanprash
The main body of an Ayurvedic Chyawanprash is amla or gooseberry. Along with numerous other herbs like neem, pippali, saffron, brahmi, sandalwood, ashwagandha, tulsi, cardamom, arjun bark, honey, ghee, and more. In total close to 40 or more herbs are used. However, some herbs mentioned in Charaka Samhita are not used everywhere as the ingredients are rare and hard to find. When it comes to taste, Ayurvedic Chyawanprash provides a balanced flavour that includes all six taste profiles.
Benefits of Ayurvedic Chyawanprash
- Immunity – Abundance of vitamin C and an array of nutrients makes chyawanprash a strong contender for boosting immunity. Chyawanprash is highly advised by Vedas for building strong immunity. During the covid pandemic, people showed concerns about having weak immunity and at that time Ayurvedic Chyawanprash grew in sales not only in India but across the globe. The only reason was because it totally proved its worth by improving the overall wellness of its consumers.
- Strength and stamina – The nutrients present provide overall nourishment to the body and increase stamina and strength. Moreover, it is said to help in tissue regeneration as well.
- Ojas – Ojas implies the essential power and energy of vitality of any being. It affects our immunity, strength, and overall happiness and therefore its depletion makes one feel lethargic, sad, and older than one’s real age. Chyawanprash has necessary nutrients that are required to nourish and protect one’s Ojas.
- Good for the heart and respiratory system as it nourishes mucous membrane to clear lungs and is a soothing dose for the heart.
- Improved fertility, timely menstrual cycle, and increased stamina are all benefits of eating pure chyawanprash. It also aids our digestive system by cleansing the gut.
- Chyawanprash is effective in improving hemoglobin and WBC levels and is beneficial in detoxifying the liver, spleen, and lungs due to the vitamin C and herbs present in it.
- It was made for an elder sage to combat the natural aging. Of course, Ayurvedic Chyawanprash does not make one immortal but it helps one keep healthy slowing down the aging process.
- Its calming effect improves memory and concentration and helps fight depression by keeping one’s nervous system strong.
- It also helps in calcium absorption which results in stronger bones and teeth.
This complex yet carefully crafted blend of natural herbs is a great source of essential nutrients which help in tackling multiple health problems. Smartveda’s Prash Amrit is one of the finest Ayurvedic Chyawanprash in the market. It is way ahead of allopathic medicine in terms of its disease-preventive benefits. Although, it is not a life-saving drug, but an overall supplement that helps one lead a better life with less diseases and illnesses. It has no side effects, is natural, and is perfectly safe to consume by people of all ages. People with diseases like diabetes can consume Smartveda Amrit Prash without hesitation!